Garage buddies

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Mopar Mick
Old Hand

Re: Garage buddies

Post by Mopar Mick »

At least he had his "hi-vis" safety gear on whilst operating machinery. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mick.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
guru/gregg

Post by guru/gregg »

I have another garage buddy now, she's a 6month old English x American staffy called daisy. Had to build a fence between the house and shed to stop her pinching stuff to chew up. Overall tho, she's a happy lil dog and a good mate.
if i can draw it i can build it.
Nailhead Bucket

Post by Nailhead Bucket »

Duke's doggie racecar -
The older I get, the more everyone else can bite my arse.
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Dogs are very versatile . Helpers ,Companions reading your moods, Protectors. If you treat them right they will stay loyal to you up until their last heartbeat.

Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
spark

Post by spark »

We have a border collie, when he first came to live with us, he was crawling with fleas, you could feel every bone in his body, his coat was so badly mattered he had to have crew cut. His eyes were blank and he snapped at imagery flies.

He had no idea what affection was. I would lift my hand, he would lay down and lift his back leg, if I tried to pat him he would wee.

I had just lost my healer Diesel (3 years old) and had said to my wife "no more dogs" we not on the farm anymore. The truth was I thought I must be getting too old as it hurt so much to see them go. Diesel had been baited over xmas his first year (snail bait) ,they got him on his 3rd and I had to have him put down.
What ever they used, had him falling over with legs stretched, head back in full convolutions, the vet tried for 2 days to save him, but his brain was cooked. I have always had healers all my dogs lived for at least 12 years. I would retire them from working at about 8 after they helped train a pup kept from the last litter. From then on they would be pampered, off the chain and help move the stock in the lanes and yards.

My wife took on Mr Hamish and bit by bit he started to understand he was in the right place. He is gentle, obedient and loves to round up the grand kids and fetch his squeaky toys for them. Bushy tail held high. :D :D :D

Last edited by spark on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Danger- man with a dry sense of Humor that lives near the sea.

Image .
JAB-AIR

Post by JAB-AIR »

My Buddy (Deka) doing what he's good at :roll: when he's not pinching stuff from the workshop :)

http://jabairbrushing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nassi

Post by nassi »

Hats off to Mr Hamish, it sounds like he has had a rough start to life but I think he is prettey pleased with himself now. :D
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

nassi wrote:Hats off to Mr Hamish, it sounds like he has had a rough start to life but I think he is prettey pleased with himself now. :D
Yep . It also goes to show that a dog will sense the character/intent of people and appreciate them. The behaviour of my late dog was similar. She was an RSPCA rescue. Of all the dogs in that place on the day I got her she was the only one cowering from humans passing by the individual kennel/caged runs. That's what got my attention. She would shy away from the shed and any gardening implements. We ended up in a relationship of complete trust . I was the only person who could pick up her bone whilst she was in possession without any aggressive reaction. Been one and a half months now since she has passed on and I still miss her. Mr Hamish looks to be a lucky dog now. As for mongrels who neglect or mistreat these animals that end up in shelters. They should get the same treatment in my book. Our cat is a rescue from the cat protection society The two Shi Tzus my wife has are also rescues. One was kept locked up in a chook pen with matted coat covered in crap.

Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
stevenm

Post by stevenm »

This is our latest garage buddy -we also have 2 small dogs (one is 7y/o Jack Russel the other is 13y/o Maltese).
Koda is now 10 months old and still loves to nick off with tools (or anything left on eth shed floor).... little bugger she is LOL

Cheers,
Steve

sometimes you blow your nose with a piece of toilet paper......... bet that piece of paper considers itself lucky

www.skmdesign.com.au
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Well today is a big day in our house, we have a brand new member. May I introduce my latest mate Chop an eight week old (yesterday) English Staffy. :D 8) :D 8) :D 8)

Isn't he a beaut.

Thanks for indulging me fellas.
JAB-AIR

Post by JAB-AIR »

Nice chrisso, enjoy the puppy while you can they grow up bloody fast :)
http://jabairbrushing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spark

Post by spark »

chrisso,They are good dogs, just treat them right.
I know of one that that helped a runa with his hamstring, who took a short cut across the back yard,. :shock: :roll: :roll: :wink:
Danger- man with a dry sense of Humor that lives near the sea.

Image .
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Thanks guys he's a bit of dude, loves a play an a sleep. Very spoilt and I don't see that changing in a hurry. :D
nassi

Post by nassi »

Looks like christmass came early. :D
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Yes Nas and a late birthday one lucky B :D