Here's something......

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
35coupe

Re: Here's something......

Post by 35coupe »

That's a lot of motorway!
Did you see the rod at around 4 and a half minutes?
mgyxjc

Post by mgyxjc »

Here's something.. shades of the old twin engine "Bustle Bomb".. if you are browsing the newsagents and see the Nov - Dec issue of Vintage Trucks & Commercials Magazine ( Australian).. on p.26 for flathead fans.. 1939/40 aftermarket produced twin engine '39 & 40's COE Henry's by Grico & Thorco.. pulling 60 foot trailers. For those "other" people, there's also a small plan view of an Octopus chassis twin chev 6 by Eisenhauer
'36, or is it ?, Ford pickup ( one day..) an' a 'A' hangin' in the rafters ( or was.. the rope broke )
mgyxjc

Post by mgyxjc »

Here's a few more shots re the visit to the private car collection / museum, mentioned in Col's "42 years thread".. a poor image, no light, of the flat 6 in the rear of the Tucker.. another that shows how close the Tucker got to the Cord when it shot backwards in the wrong gear.. reverse !.. real heart in mouth stuff.. the tyre marks are from when he took off forward.. then just some general shots of this truly superb car.. first padded dash, seat belts etc.. I never ever thought I would get to see one in the flesh.. so appreciative of the opportunity to do so.. Thanks Col
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Hope this works.. if so may have finally learnt how to post from fb album as trying to use photobucket was a disaster
'36, or is it ?, Ford pickup ( one day..) an' a 'A' hangin' in the rafters ( or was.. the rope broke )
nassi

Post by nassi »

Seems to have worked fine, thank you for sharing.
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Thanks for posting more on the Tucker. The engine was originally designed for helicopters I remember hearing one time?
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
mgyxjc

Post by mgyxjc »

Marcus.. there is a bit here re the Tucker Engine's aviation origins http://theoldmotor.com/?p=31273
enjenjo

Post by enjenjo »

stillhavinfun wrote:
jailbar joe wrote:just pinched this of the hamb....I got 79% or 44 out of 56

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... ailfins%2F
Thanks for posting that Link.
I got the same as you, but 3 or 4 were pure guesses.
I got 100 percent. :wink:
People who think they know it all, bother those of us that do.
enjenjo

Post by enjenjo »

jailbar joe wrote:okay boys and girls....time for another test....hope you have been studying :wink:

I got 90% or 38 out of 42

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... ckup-id%2F

I got 98 percent. The only one I missed is the 60 Studebaker, the Navy models were the only ones to use that cab, all the others used the new cab that came out in 1960. Trick question. :evil:
enjenjo

Post by enjenjo »

jailbar joe wrote:okay boys and girls....time for another test....hope you have been studying :wink:

I got 90% or 38 out of 42

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... ckup-id%2F

I got 98 percent. The only one I missed is the 60 Studebaker, the Navy models were the only ones to use that cab, all the others used the new cab that came out in 1960. Trick question. :evil:
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

mgyxjc wrote:Marcus.. there is a bit here re the Tucker Engine's aviation origins http://theoldmotor.com/?p=31273
Thank you for that.
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
mgyxjc

Post by mgyxjc »

Tuckers & Cords.. more re the Private Collection visited last weekend and as posted here http://www.ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=705 and by Col at.. http://www.ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopi ... start=5385 This lot is what.. A Cavalcade of Cords... Functional side exhausts and wind up "pop up" headlights.. in 1936/37 ! Image The Blue Cord, as built for Amelia Earhart, painted in ‘Eleanor’ Blue.. named for the wife of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the 32nd President of the U.S... what a great paint choice for a ‘stangImage Image Image Image Check out the dash.. that’s for sure a comprehensive set of instruments... the little chrome ‘side window like’ winder at the far right of the dash.. there is one on each side.. they are for the Pop Up Headlights Image Look past, the side exit exhaust, the nickel horn trumpet and water pipe, and nestled in the Vee, a McCulloch supercharger Image Image The Cord’s Lycoming is like my Cadillac flathead, and the UK origin Standard (later Standard Vanguard - Triumph), V8’s, with their exhausts coming out of the valley rather than the sides as with Ford’s flathead... dig the neat head with it’s ‘Star’ cast web Image Differentiating the Lycoming completely though, from the Cadillac, Standard or Ford flatheads is the canted valve arrangement, in deep pockets with a cast in ‘Relief’ across to the bore, necessitating the pop up wedge on the pistons.. it all seemed to have worked though, with the hp ratings Image Image Cord parts car..! Image .. and a couple showing the half shaft and CV carier on the front trailing arm.. Image Image and a last Cord.. fwd circa 1929, 301 cu in straight 8 sedan superb paint Image Miller Fords & Cords aside, it was a few years, decades, before Detroit would try a big V8 front wheel drive sedan.. but when they did.. it looked a ripper, and they are in the Collection as well..425cubes / 385 hp 1966 Toronado.. and a later model Image Image
mgyxjc

Post by mgyxjc »

Along the lines of "Here's something...' different.. here’s a Big Flathead.
A 464 cu.in. Flathead V8, making 90hp, of modular construction, alloy crankcase with cast iron cylinder blocks & heads atop. Exhaust ports in the valley, with inlet, like the smaller 322/346 LaSalle and Cadillac flatheads.. you've got to bet it would have a deeeeep rumbling note.
It's a 1921 Daniels Speedster D-19. Made in Pennsylvania, just 100 built from 1915 through 1924 & this particular body style was called the Daniels ‘Submarine Speedster’.
1st pic.. looks like just any old flathead Ford paddock bomb chassis stripped down.. in the back.. looks like a massive piece of ballast bolted to the chassis, with an eye bolt in the top..
and a few of the engine..
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Now that is one beautiful automobile. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Mopar Mick
Old Hand

Post by Mopar Mick »

Wow, how would you like to stumble on something like that. :shock:

Looked to be in very good condition. 8) 8) 8)

Thanks for posting this on here Chris. :mrgreen:

Mick.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.