Help find 100e with holden 6 in SA

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
gtrob

Help find 100e with holden 6 in SA

Post by gtrob »

Hey all.

I'm actually trying to track down a car that my dad built up in the 60's It was a 100e prefect. He originally built it with a Mk2 Zephyr motor, Jag diff, gear box and front end. It was built in Jamestown SA. It was the sold and went to Port Pirie where the zephyr gave up the ghost and it was replaced with a red motor holden. It was then sold and was meant to have gone down to the river land in SA. (Believe Mannum). I'd love to try and find it and give it back to the old fella for a project. So if any one knows any thing about this car I'd love to hear from you to try track it down.

Cheers

Craig.
woody28A
Old Hand
Location: "About forty-five minutes southeast of Thibodeaux, Louisiana" or "Hobbitsville"

Re: Help find 100e with holden 6 in SA

Post by woody28A »

Welcome to the forum. :D
Best of luck with your search, hope you find it and can give your Dad some memory time. :D
I had one of them suckers with a Holden red in it. Tough lil bastard. :lol: Had the motor set back a fair bit and the shifter was a bit of a bastard .
Can't remember what the shifter was, think I got it from Beverly Hills Speed Shop (Sydney), but as it was behind me , I had to look back and down to shift, :shock: , not exactly conducive to good driving practices. :lol: :lol: Especially in the wet, the son of a bitch could change lanes without warning.
But it was a fun little car and different at the time.
As I said, hope you find it and if you do please post pics.
Remember this life is a test. If it had been a real life you would have received further instructions on where to go and what to do!!!!!
Nailhead Bucket

Post by Nailhead Bucket »

Now that brings back memories.
I had a mate who lived at Villawood and was big into the Beach Boys. He had a '32 sedan with a V8 flattie and a little Wolseley with a red 6 cylinder motor when they were still new news in the early sixties. He used to open it up along Castlereagh Road on the way to the drags. I thought we would take off !
I recall the gear box was between the front two seats. At one stage he dispensed the passenger seat.
Both cars were regulars at Big Chief at Granville. The Wolseley actually got more attention from the cops than the '32 sedan. The Wolseley and the 32 were sold to fund a Lotus Cortina, followed by a Capri. Ahh those were the days....... :|
The older I get, the more everyone else can bite my arse.
spoggie

Post by spoggie »

My 2c- Go to the Mannum run in March & ask the Bear Rock Rodders if they know anything.
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Check out the latest issue of Just Cars, there's a red one in there that's for sale due to poor health of the owner, could be the one you're looking for.

Looks like it's been well loved by the current custodians and is very nicely finished, so not really a 'project'...
Last edited by Carps on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Havok1

Post by Havok1 »

If you can find the guy in the southern suburbs of Adelaide with the Matt black Anglia he may be able to help. There were rumours of him having a car very much like that as a donor for the Anglia build.