What Model Jaguar for parts?

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
pilot Dave
Old Hand

Re: What Model Jaguar for parts?

Post by pilot Dave »

zuffen wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:58 pm Dave,

Would an Engineer approve the mod?

I know Range Rovers with their 4 piston callipers specifically specify they are not to be dismantled.

The wider vented rotor would have to centralised otherwise the pistons wouldn't be balanced and it could impart some interesting forces on the suspension.
[/quot
i can see why not its like a sandwich plate we ended up doing prob 1/2 dozen road cars same way never had a problem
in saying that hk/t/g monaros and xr/xt GT.s pulled up at the end of conrod straight with solid discs and i doubt there would be many rods driven in same fashion any good engineer would pass them im sure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-DNj8eSf0
timmo22

Post by timmo22 »

So I got this from my engineer ....
Hi
The brakes should be vented unfortunately.
Regards,
Sot Kavuki, B. Eng (Mech) (Hons 1), MIE Aust CPEng. 4302508
Director and Principal Engineer
This is for South Aussie , probably doesnt apply anywhere else .

So i have a 76 front end fitted , Im not about too fit another , all the sites say " just bolts straight on " but they are talking about
the vented disks and fail to mention the calipers , well maybe Ill look a little harder .
disks on front2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Post by 46 deluxe »

The engineer is an idiot .
I may be wrong , but i think to go to vented discs and the calipers to suit you may need to change the actual spindle as well .
scott
NashRod

Post by NashRod »

Call the TAC in SA.
Speak to David Johncock, he used to be on here user name 34 tub.
He'll be able to tell you what you need.

What area of SA?

Cheers
Chris
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Non vented are Series1. For vented discs with the 4 spot calipers you will need the series 11 or 111. stubs and the steering arms as well . The S1 steering arms will not bolt up to the S11 or S111 stubs.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
timmo22

Post by timmo22 »

ok thanks all for answers , seems like I have even more to do now !
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Also another tip before fitting a Jag f/e especially if being welded solid to a chassis rather than OEM mounted. Check that the lower control arm bush bolts are able to be moved. They are continuous bolts running through a steel sleeve in the crossmember. Supposed to be coated with copper coat or similar anti seize when assembled after bush replacement. If some lazy bum has not done this, then the bolts can rust into the sleeve and become almost if not impossible to remove. Too bad if you want to replace the control arm bushes. A bad experience I had with one,luckily the crossmember was not fitted to the vehicle, weeks of soaking had me contemplating using a hole cutter to the underside of the crossmember along the path of the bolts for access to play an oxy torch into it.Ended up lucky as it was an S1 front end and I got offered a free S111 front end as long as I fitted the old one as a swap just to keep their body shell as a roller.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31