1934 Duvall windshield

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
spiderman

1934 Duvall windshield

Post by spiderman »

Hi everyone

was thinking of fitting a DUVALL windscreen to my rod..

I have found that SPEEDWAY Motors sell them in the US but they charge 600 for postage.

That's a total of about 2400 unpainted etc.

Has anyone acquired one from anywhere else or know of another way to ship the screen.

thanks

also if anyone knows I already have a screen fitted ...does the Duvall attach to the same mounting area.?????
"You get 100% of what you don't ask for"
ken1939

Re: 1934 Duvall windshield

Post by ken1939 »

It bolts direct to the cowl. Here is a link to the Speedway Mounting Instructions. http://static.speedwaymotors.com/pdf/555-31600.pdf

As for cost of shipping parcel post may be your best bet in regards to cost. The big thing is the width and girth of the package and wether it can be sent with USPS to Australian Post. If it falls into the measurements, not sure if the seller can tell you the box dimensions, your probably looking at 125 to 250? for USPS postage to Oz.
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

thanks Ken....

saw all that ....

postage can be weird...I priced a poly tank from TANKS.INC in the states and they wanted to charge me 500 for postage....I then got the same tank from them on ebay and paid 120 for postage using ebay shipping....

still keen on getting the screen ...I have emailed speedway and asked them to list it on ebay....seems ebay have some sort of agreement with USPS now....they ship for free to Kentucky...
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Post by 46 deluxe »

The Ebay global postage system is run by Pitney Bowes ?
It is painfully slow compared to USPS but they seem to post stuff USPS refuse to handle .
I've been waiting over 3 weeks for a parcel to arrive , where as USPS would have had it here in less than half the time . :roll:
scott
Grazza
Old Hand

Post by Grazza »

I had some stuff sent over through EBay post and it arrived in 5 days. It was only a small carton, probably about a foot cube in size. I'd be checking progress 46.

Have you tried the local Speedway dealer spiderman? From several reports on here he appears OK to deal with.
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion.

"Within 5mm is Close Enough"
woody28A
Old Hand
Location: "About forty-five minutes southeast of Thibodeaux, Louisiana" or "Hobbitsville"

Post by woody28A »

46 deluxe wrote:The Ebay global postage system is run by Pitney Bowes ?
It is painfully slow compared to USPS but they seem to post stuff USPS refuse to handle .
I've been waiting over 3 weeks for a parcel to arrive , where as USPS would have had it here in less than half the time . :roll:
G'day "46 deluxe", the "global postage center" (run by Pitney Bowes) is located in Erlanger, Kentucky. I think (and I might be wrong) but all shipping on Ebay using the 'global postage' is sent to there first. If its purchased in California etc, I guess it has to traverse the U.S. to Erlanger and then get redirected to wherever it's supposed to go.
As often as I can, I try to get the seller to post direct or sent it to my "Shipito" address in California and then they will give me a number of postal options ranging from cheapest to dearest.
Shipito and some of the others such as "MyUS" can often save a bundle on shipping. For example I bought a replacement mirror from Yogi's in Ohio, $41 (US) They wanted $78 (US) dollars to ship to Aus. Had it sent to "Shipito" $6.95 (US) and then it was shipped to me $21.75 (US). That represents quite a saving. The only downside is that it may take a few days longer, but 'global shipping' as you are aware, :shock: can take a bit of time as well.
Last edited by woody28A on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Remember this life is a test. If it had been a real life you would have received further instructions on where to go and what to do!!!!!
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Post by 46 deluxe »

Yeah I've been watching it's progress online .
Sometimes it will sit in one location for a few days without moving .
It's been here in Aus now for 6 days with no movement , with a comment "not due for delivery "
It's supposed to arrive tomorrow .
Purchase was made on 2/9/14 and was posted 2 days later . :roll:
scott
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

is it MYUS you used or MYUSA....
woody28A
Old Hand
Location: "About forty-five minutes southeast of Thibodeaux, Louisiana" or "Hobbitsville"

Post by woody28A »

spiderman wrote:is it MYUS you used or MYUSA....
G'day "spiderman", it should have read "MyUS" :oops: Sorry about that. I use "Shipito". No problems so far.
Remember this life is a test. If it had been a real life you would have received further instructions on where to go and what to do!!!!!
woody28A
Old Hand

Post by woody28A »

46 deluxe wrote:Yeah I've been watching it's progress online .
Sometimes it will sit in one location for a few days without moving .
It's been here in Aus now for 6 days with no movement , with a comment "not due for delivery "
It's supposed to arrive tomorrow .
Purchase was made on 2/9/14 and was posted 2 days later . :roll:
I wonder if global security in the current scheme of things, plays a part in delaying the process. Maybe extra screening and checks are required.That may slow the progress here in Aus.
triker_chewie

Post by triker_chewie »

theres one for sale on the "Hot Rod Related Parts Pre 1974 buy, Swap and Sell" facebook page in SA
Mudgy wrote:At least the Mrs knows where I am :)
bodger's paradise <----I'm Here!
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

Thanks mate ...just asked to join the group...need approval to see it....

And by the way ...I grew up in Gosnells all my life until I was 18....
triker_chewie

Post by triker_chewie »

all the same pubs are here I'd say :lol:
Mudgy wrote:At least the Mrs knows where I am :)
bodger's paradise <----I'm Here!
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

Thanks mate...it was for a 32 though

Webby
Mopar Mick
Old Hand

Post by Mopar Mick »

Didn't Tony Carter make those Duvall windscreen frames :?:

Mick.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.