Model A Tourer Build

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
Mopar Mick
Old Hand

Re: Model A Tourer Build

Post by Mopar Mick »

Brett, there is always an exception to the rule. :wink:

Super Bees accepted. 8) 8) 8)

It's not much fun getting stung by a bee, last time I nearly died on the way to hospital as my throat started to swell up and I couldn't breathe. :(

Just made it to hospital in time.

All it needs is a quick injection of adrenaline and it comes good. :)

I now carry an epi pen, when stung by a bee I just have to stab it into my thigh. :mrgreen:

Peter, sorry for the hi-jack.

Mick.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
chris spokes

Post by chris spokes »

toprodz wrote:
chris spokes wrote:hi pete is this the one getting the special motor :D 8) 8)
Hey Chris this is not the one you are thinking about. :shock: this is getting the LS1 motor and auto out of this SS Commodore
no the Italian motor
King Willy

Post by King Willy »

Great thread already. Looking forward to watching the progress. Thanks for taking the time to start and posting the pictures.

Great work.
toprodz
Old Hand

Post by toprodz »

I hope you guys don’t mind a few more photos
Here is the centre X Member in place, the bottom legs still need adding in Image
Here are the bottom legs of the X member that will be welded in to the chassis,
At this point I need to use the jig to build another A chassis so I decided to start a mock-up of what I had
I managed to pick up a new front seat riser, it had a little surface rust, that should come off with some time in the citric acid tank
I also cut the original rear wheel tubs out so that I could work out the diff width, so the original rear guards were fitted back in place and wheels the same size and back space were put in place, and measurements were taken
More to come soon thanx for looking in
Regards
Peter Gough
FOUNDING MEMBER #24 OZ-E-RODDERS ROD & KUSTOM CLUB
toprodz
Old Hand

Post by toprodz »

chris spokes wrote:
toprodz wrote:
chris spokes wrote:hi pete is this the one getting the special motor :D 8) 8)
Hey Chris this is not the one you are thinking about. :shock: this is getting the LS1 motor and auto out of this SS Commodore
no the Italian motor
Hey Chris all the parts are coming together for that project at the moment, I have to get a few other projects out of the way first :shock: :shock: 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
Regards
Peter Gough
toprodz
Old Hand

Post by toprodz »

Well I guess I better let you guys know the plan for this car. It's nick name is Krystal named after one of now deceased best mates A Tourer.
The body and patina are pretty much going to stay as they are, although all the underside/inside of the car will be rust free and painted black. I have already had all the door frames split from the skins so that the frames and inside of the skins only will be blasted, treated and painted, will be the same with all the body panels, underneath all the guards will be blasted and painted, the rust repairs will be left as finished welds, interior will done in black vinyl with pleats, all the bumpers luggage rack, head lights and original features will be kept the same, along with stock windscreen posts and black canvas folding hood/roof
Mechanically it will have the original chassis with narrowed jag rear end along with new coilovers and a sway bar, I am making my own front crossmember with tube A arms and Viking coilovers, Chev LS1 and 4l60e auto, so it should be a nice cruiser
I already know that some people will not like it or some of the features for various reasons, but that's ok with me
Thanx for looking in,
Last edited by toprodz on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Peter Gough
Sly Fox

Post by Sly Fox »

Watching with interest Pete.

Thanks for taking us on the journey.
51 Dodge Custom & 63 EH Ute - Dare to be different
HOT ROD FRED
Old Hand

Post by HOT ROD FRED »

Great project Pete.I've always loved the A tubs and believe that they have been overlooked for some reason that I don't really understand.In America they're rare and have 4 doors so are looked upon as sporty family cars.In Australia they're plentiful,cheaper and way more practical than a roadster,but most want roadsters.People say hot rodding's getting too expensive for the earlier more traditional cars,but good 28/9 Model a tourer bodies are out there for $3/4,000.

Looking forward to seeing this one progress and get finished 8) :D
lamb

Post by lamb »

looks the goods, looking forward to seeing how you handle the rear tub section steel out as I am using one on my modified
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

Looking good there Peter, love the size of your "shed", next time I'm in Melbourne I'll have to come in for a sticky beak if you don't mind. I've got a chassis table partly built so I can get into it soon, love yours, I'll update it in my post soon.

Regards Newbee
mdublm

Post by mdublm »

beautiful x member there, love your work Peter!
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

toprodz wrote:Well I guess I better let you guys know the plan for this car. It's nick name is Krystal named after one of now deceased best mates A Tourer.
The body and patina are pretty much going to stay as they are, although all the underside/inside of the car will be rust free and painted black. I have already had all the door frames split from the skins so that the frames and inside of the skins only will be blasted, treated and painted, will be the same with all the body panels, underneath all the guards will be blasted and painted, the rust repairs will be left as finished welds, interior will done in black vinyl with pleats, all the bumpers luggage rack, head lights and original features will be kept the same, along with stock windscreen posts and black canvas folding hood/roof
Mechanically it will have the original chassis with narrowed jag rear end along with new coilovers and a sway bar, I am making my own front crossmember with tube A arms and Viking coilovers, Chev LS1 and 4l60e auto, so it should be a nice cruiser
I already know that some people will not like it or some of the features for various reasons, but that's ok with me
Thanx for looking in,

Just build to what you want and enjoy it Pete . :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

yep...your right...there'll be people that don't like it......but most of the forum will luv it :D and we are the ones that count :D :wink:
thanks for putting the thread up
cheers joe

if you do nothing then nothing happens
hammered30

Post by hammered30 »

Looking great . Powering into .looking forward to seeing some more pictures
cheers Paul
63 galaxie 260 boss
Twin Spinner

Post by Twin Spinner »

Love both the A and B tourers, an Uncle had a nice 32 Phaeton from new until he passed in 59, hope it found a good home.
If it has tits or wheels, you can expect trouble.