Model A Tourer Build

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
Angry

Re: Model A Tourer Build

Post by Angry »

Awsome mate,...Love seeing how all those brackets n bit are made.....

Great fab skills .....

Keep goin...
Al.

64 Ford F100 SWB Patina Pickup
69 Camaro Z28 Clone....
Maffra
Old Hand

Post by Maffra »

Hi Peter,

Great to catch up and see your tourer in the flesh again :D Wow, you have been powering through some work on it and it is coming up a real treat 8) Some great fabrication there and it should be a real hit at Motorex next weekend.

Thanks and regards :)
Maffra

. . . . Living and Learning . . . .

Member of Oz E Rodders Street Rod and Kustom Club
toprodz
Old Hand

Post by toprodz »

Angry wrote:Awsome mate,...Love seeing how all those brackets n bit are made.....

Great fab skills .....

Keep goin...
Thanks I am planing on making the rear sway bar tomorrow, I will try and remember to take some photos for you
Maffra wrote:Hi Peter,
Great to catch up and see your tourer in the flesh again :D Wow, you have been powering through some work on it and it is coming up a real treat 8) Some great fabrication there and it should be a real hit at Motorex next weekend.

Thanks and regards :)
Thanks Dennis it was great to catch up today, thanks for the grill shell, it will work a treat
Regards
Peter Gough
FOUNDING MEMBER #24 OZ-E-RODDERS ROD & KUSTOM CLUB
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Great progress Pete, you certainly are going to have a head turner and a goer in that there tourer. Sweet 8) 8) 8) 8)
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

Great progress Pete, hope it goes well at MotorX, shame I can't get there.

Did you ever find a replacement reflector, the ones on the Mainline are very similar ?

Regards Newbee
Angry

Post by Angry »

I was looking forward to getting to MotorEx this year,....I was hoping to drive Effy down to Melbourne,...and catch up with a few of you guys.... but sadly it looks like I wont be able to get there after all....

A bit of a bugger....
Al.

69 Camaro Z28 Clone....
Maffra
Old Hand

Post by Maffra »

Congratulations Peter :D

Well done on getting presented an award for your Tourer at Motorex over the weekend :D Good reward for the hard work you have put in over the past couple of weeks to get it ready 8) I think that crank handle hole cover might have tipped it in your favour though :lol: :lol:

Great stuff and well done :D

Regards :)
Maffra

. . . . Living and Learning . . . .

Member of Oz E Rodders Street Rod and Kustom Club
toprodz
Old Hand

Post by toprodz »

Well the last couple of weeks were a little bit of a blur, getting the car ready to go to MotorEx.
There was so much to do in a short amount of time, it seemed like the clocking moving at double the normal speed
I made the rear sway bar mounts just before the car went to get the exhaust done but still needed to make the bar, so it was measured, heated and bent to get the right shape
I used a paint pen to mark all the bends as it stays on when the bar is heated, then I created a couple of tapered spikes so that I could punch the hole in the bar while it was hot and stretch the hole bigger, so it would suit the bush’s I was using
The bars will be tempered later when the chassis comes apart to get finished and painted

I had to make some sort of way to display the car at the show, so I stole the idea of the wheel box stands from Detroit Chassis/Deuce Customs open day, so here is what I made

The radiator was another last-minute problem, who would have thought that Canadian grill shells are a slightly different shape to American ones. So Norm at desert coolers donated one from his own collection to the project, he also cut a 10mm section of honeycomb radiator core so that it could be mounted in front of the aluminium one, to keep the old look from the outside, this was glued in place with urethane, the next problem was I needed a crank hole cover to suit the new blingy shell, so a post on a Facebook A Model group, had a reply from our very own Dennis/Maffra who not only donated one, but also delivered to the factory within a couple of hours, from the original post for help
From here on the car was assembled with headlights, bonnet, hood bows, taillights, dash that had been painted black and everything that was needed to make it look as complete as possible

Then it was off to the show on a tilt tray, Well that’s when I fixed the drought it started pouring down, so the car was wrapped in a tarp and off it went, it did get wet but all was good, we managed to get the set up done

We put some mirrors under it so people can see what was going on under there, which attracted a lot of attention over the weekend

I had my best mate Ed come over from New Zealand for the weekend to give me a hand as well as see the show, we were both pretty stuffed once we got it all set up, here he is having a break

Well to my surprise the car won a prize as I didn’t think it was being judged. Silver award for design and execution

Well that’s pretty much where it is up too, my ears are still ringing with, “what colour are you going to paint it?” As well as “are you going to clear it?”, same answer every time was it is not getting painted
Here’s a few photos after the show while we were waiting for the tow truck

In one of my earlier posts I asked if anybody had a RHD original mirror and I had a message from an anonymous person off the forum and he offered me a mirror frame and posted it to me for free, thanks heaps, here’s a picture of what we did with it

Well that’s all for now thanks to everyone for looking in, and all the great comments about the build, I am having a few weeks off from working on it, then it will be time to finish the steel out, seat belt mounts and fuel tank, then pull it all apart so that the chassis can be finished and painted before reassembly, I don’t really want to pull it apart as i have been enjoying the look of it
Regards
Peter Gough
FOUNDING MEMBER #24 OZ-E-RODDERS ROD & KUSTOM CLUB
Mopar Mick
Old Hand

Post by Mopar Mick »

Congratulations on the award Pete. :mrgreen:

Very well deserved. :wink:

It's a beautiful ride as it stands now and will only get better when finished. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Mick.;
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
Greg N Smith

Post by Greg N Smith »

Bloke I know was often asked "Have you just started on it ? "

His reply "NO, I have just finished it!"

PERFECT !!!

TopRodz = Top Stuff !!!
Angry

Post by Angry »

Awsome on the sway bar,...might talk about making one for me....

As for the tourer paint,...you need one of these
No its origanal paint.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Al.

69 Camaro Z28 Clone....
chris spokes

Post by chris spokes »

f#cking awesome pete 8)
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Great result Peter and a well deserved award. 8) 8)
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Great result Peter. Glad it got the attention it deserved.
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

well done and congratulations....the car is everything i thought it would be then some :D

i'm sure it will be a real fun drivers :D
cheers joe

if you do nothing then nothing happens