35 Ford Coupe

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Thanks ram-rod,looks like I was typing as you posted,sounds like a refurb is in the offing,good to hear she at least is alive,a bit of sentiment with it.I was still working on it [it was registered a few days prior] the day I got married,I still remember the next door neighbour sticking her head over the fence asking if I was getting married still,and my mum telling me to hurry up or I would be late. We drove to Sydney on our honeymoon,only drama was the wipers packing up on the return trip through the Jan 74 Floods ,Albury,had jets of water up through the clutch and brake pedal floor holes ,wound the back window down to keep the interior from fogging ,and lost some items of clothing off the back ledge,just blew straight out ,essentially it was a dash to Melb before night fell,driving w/o wipers was easier in daylight,apart from that she ran like a clock............Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
krewzn

coupe

Post by krewzn »

Dom was in the eagles and sold the car about 12 years ago .It resided in Endevour hills after he sold it ,he then purchased a mint 32 tudor from Con just the body.now im not certain were it is . The only other one that i know is the yellow one i think is in the bay rodders ( SAME CHOP ? )

KREWZN
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

FFound a photo from Melbourne show affter the chop, confirmed what a couple of Confedeerates told me also abut the Eagles (it's on the Eagles CClub stand), although he was mates with some of the then confederates members too.

Sounds like it's definitely Franks old car as I was given the same description of it prior to the chop.

Chop is/was a little more savage that Mark's yellow Bay Roddders coupe.
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Thanks, I will look out for a yellow chopped item,for nostalgias sake,at least she lives on.The 34 I rodded ,has a new identity,found it at the Melb Hot Rod show 3 or 4 yrs back?.It is a wedding hire car "dr Rod" in Thomastown,still had the same plates LSG.585.............Frank.
Mr Model A
Old Hand

Re: coupe

Post by Mr Model A »

krewzn wrote:Dom was in the eagles and sold the car about 12 years ago .It resided in Endevour hills after he sold it ,

KREWZN
Frank, according to Mark Fenton it's still there in Endeavour Hills :shock:
never odd or even
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

It's amazing what you find out about other folks........but DAYUM Frankie!! I'd of not thought you were old enough to be doing anything but pickin your nose and pullin your sisters pigtails in the 70's. :shock:

Hope you find your car......it's always something that sits at the back of your mind for all eternity. :(
I'm not allowed to argue with idiots.
krewzn

coupe

Post by krewzn »

Still have a rough idea were it is, might investigate one day

KREWZN
ram-rod
Old Hand

Post by ram-rod »

maybe you should take a deposit with you ron

there is a 36 coupe chopped down in kooweerup who knows maybe diffrent frontsheet metal
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Perfomance

I struggle with my dislexia ,bad grammar and spelling and now its your turn
35coupe

Re: 35 Ford Coupe

Post by 35coupe »

FRANK BASILE wrote:I wonder if anyone can clear up a mystery for me,I built a 35Ford Coupe in the early 70,s ,I swapped it for a 34 Sedan in 1975, When I parted with it it was 283Chev pwrd/3 speed manual with 9" rear. It,s colour was like a pale light metallic claret ,When I last saw it around 1980 it was in Huntingdale Vic,it had a chop top,and was a light metallic green,and had been fitted with a back seat. One feature ,identifiable would be the battery fitted to a recess in the firewall,where the original toolbox sat,I have the chassis # from my old rego papers ,at work,Interested to know where the coupe ended up............Frank.

G'Day Frank,

Is this the car you are talking about?

I managed to copy this pic from 'Carp's' post. It is from the '81~'83 Vic hotrod show. Not sure which one...

Can anyone else confirm that this is the same car?
Brett Carroll
Carps
Old Hand

Post by Carps »

Yup, that's the car, I knew I had a photo of it somewhere. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the Eagles cub stand at VHRA Show, the 34 in the background is Kevin Mayo's which is another one that's been safely tucked away in hiding for way too many years.
Young Carps

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

My father, Greg Carroll owns this car. He purchased it from a bloke in Endeavour Hills back late ~'83. My father is also in Endeavour Hills.

We love this car. It will be resurrected. :D :D :D The pic on my avatar shows where it's at the moment. (see left)

In Japan at the moment, but will post some photos etc when I get back in a week or so.

I am excited to hear of any history on this car. Old photos.... stories..... any detail no matter how big or small.
Brett Carroll
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

Carps wrote:Yup, that's the car, I knew I had a photo of it somewhere. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the Eagles cub stand at VHRA Show, the 34 in the background is Kevin Mayo's which is another one that's been safely tucked away in hiding for way too many years.
:lol: you sure have a lot of those photos!
Brett Carroll
Bob Honeybrook

Post by Bob Honeybrook »

Thats not a bad result from Feb.06 to Nov. 2010, no blood spilt and the coop found. :wink:
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Thanks Brett.
I will look for some shots,unfortunately I am not much of a 'shutter bug'.
I got the coupe registered 28 Dec 73. "LTE 282 " In at Lygon st .After the police sgt initially bounced my rear rims,then looked at one after I removed it for inspection. I have the old rego papers with the stamped alteration to the change of plates in 74 to "LYN 035" [my wife is Lynn].
Those were the days when you could get "future issue "plates reserved in a sort of manner.
You had to go into Lygon St HQ, see a bloke upstairs who had a big ledger book.
The catch was. You had to wait until the day of expected plate issue,and get them from the issuing rego branch where ever it may be in Victoria that had those plates in a batch block. Meanwhile you ring this guy to find out . Fortunately these were issued in Fishermans bend.
And then you only paid for the plates and a new screen label.
I do have lying around some b&w shots. One with my dad and myself and the 283 hanging from his garage beam being installed back in 72. Another out in the street at home, and one from the Southern States rod run 74.
My dad should have film footage with this coupe also from my wedding in Jan74.
Leaving the reception with some 'custom" white runner paint touches courtesy of my fellow Sultans members at the time. The horn needed "running in" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The 64 Galaxy 9" diff replaced the Customline diff in 75.
nomadawhat

Post by nomadawhat »

35coupe wrote:My father, Greg Carroll owns this car. He purchased it from a bloke in Endeavour Hills back late ~'83. My father is also in Endeavour Hills.

We love this car. It will be resurrected. :D :D :D The pic on my avatar shows where it's at the moment. (see left)

In Japan at the moment, but will post some photos etc when I get back in a week or so.

I am excited to hear of any history on this car. Old photos.... stories..... any detail no matter how big or small.

Brett Good to see if it is still alive. Yes Dom was in Eagles and he built it in the late 70's. Chopped it and painted it that jade green and then added the flames later. He sold it after a couple of years and then briefly had the 33 sedan and then bought the 32 tudor (and a chassis as well I think) from Con - as previously mentioned.
He built the coupe when he was in Huntingdale and then moved to Endeavour Hills. Years later we heard it was itting in a back yard in Endeavour Hills, not far from Jazza.
ASR did a feature on it in issue 15.

Des