35 Ford Coupe

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
35coupe

Re: 35 Ford Coupe

Post by 35coupe »

peteratcliff wrote:
35coupe wrote:
FRANK BASILE wrote:Thanks Brett.
I will look for some shots,unfortunately I am not much of a 'shutter bug'.
I got the coupe registered 28 Dec 73. "LTE 282 " In at Lygon st .After the police sgt initially bounced my rear rims,then looked at one after I removed it for inspection. I have the old rego papers with the stamped alteration to the change of plates in 74 to "LYN 035" [my wife is Lynn].
Those were the days when you could get "future issue "plates reserved in a sort of manner.
You had to go into Lygon St HQ, see a bloke upstairs who had a big ledger book.Were you the first to rod the car? How did you come about owning it?
This is my first post to the forum. After spending 3 weeks of trying to figure out how to post photos, here we go. All because I found a pic of 35coupe's old 35 coupe LYN-035 taken in March 1975 when Frank owned it. I took the photo in Hawthorn Rd North Caulfield - only b&w in those days.
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k55 ... 1296467317
G'Day Pete! That photo is just brilliant. :D :D :D :D :D

Brett Carroll
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

G'day Peter ,good to see you here on the forum......hope you're able to post some of your great collection of old photos....looking forward to it! 8) 8)....here's another pic of the '35 from after Frank launched it.....

-------------
Col....

"Works" comes before "looks good", cos "looks good" changes, and "works" works!
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Well ,knock me over with a feather. That shot in Hawthorn road would have been in the first half of 1975.
Near the corner of Inkerman St Outside Woolnoughs tyres , I worked next door.
One almost tragic note was just up the hill was Dandenong road with it.s wide intersection .
The Coupe had an old Toronto electric fuel pump and my "anti theft" measure was to unplug the housed spade connector from the under dash fuse panel.
One evening after work ,I must have not pushed it home properly or forgot to plug it in and took off up the hill,she conked out whilst trying to negotiate the intersection and a tram and traffic bearing down I was fumbling with the connector whilst trying to steer the barely rolling vehicle now in neutral and watch the road. Managed just in time to start it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Hawthorn road must have been a busy thoroughfare for" enthusiasts."
I was crossing the road from the fish shop opposite one day at lunchtime and Les Mathieson who once owned the coupe pulled up in a grey stock 35 Sedan with enamel plates offering a swap deal.
Later on with the 34 Ford outside. I was called up to the front office where a bloke named Ellis Baron well known in 34 Ford circles was enquiring as to the owner and if interested in selling
Frank.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

Hi Frank,

Any chance you can post some earlier pics of the old coupe?? :)

Cheers,
Brett
Brett Carroll
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

Hi Brett, I don't know if you're aware,but one of the new guys on the 35/48 FB page is Les Mathieson, who originally owned your '35 before Geoff Moffit and later Frank had it. Les is the one who had it painted in the Russet? colour , the body was mint back then too....might be worth getting in touch with Les and see what he has stashed away about it....
-------------
Col....

35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

Yes indeed Col, I've taken note. Saved a few photos on the hard drive last night, and will load up onto FB soon.
I scrolled through the entire 35-48 Ford page last night - and there's heaps of stuff. Amazing considering it's only been up for a coupel weeks :shock: 8)
Brett Carroll
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Hi Brett ,I can scan some photos I have found . One out in the street at home, one in a line up during the Southern states 1974 Rod run , and one with my ginger cat on the roof , I spotted one also with my dad helping me drop the SBC into it. The colour as Col describes was "Russett " . I can recall "Deep Russett" .It was an AMI colour I believe and they did Toyotas .
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

Cheers Frank - here's an AMI/Rambler Javelin in Deep Russett.

Brett Carroll
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

This might be better Brett . Taken 1975 . I had just fitted a 64 Galaxy 9" and shoved 15" rims on the back
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

Much better 8) 8) 8)
Brett Carroll
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

Here's one out front of our Ringwood workshops when Alan McDonald had it, I'd guess around '76....bit of a crappy pic ,but that's about normal for me back then.... :lol: ...other car is Ian Connely's '37, another car that was built from a mint stocker and is the first one to be done in my workshop.

-------------
Col....

35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

Custom Auto Chassis #1 8)

Thanks for the pics Frank!!!... well, the second one anyway :lol: :D
Brett Carroll
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

35coupe wrote:Yes indeed Col, I've taken note. Saved a few photos on the hard drive last night, and will load up onto FB soon.
I scrolled through the entire 35-48 Ford page last night - and there's heaps of stuff. Amazing considering it's only been up for a coupel weeks :shock: 8)
I got into trouble on that page and sent to the naughty corner ,it is a very serious page and NO humor is allowed apparently,but its a good page as long as you dont say anything ,that principal is a grumpy old bugger ,suppose this will get deleted too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ,yes Col it is a JOKE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
35coupe

Post by 35coupe »

Monte, I have lot's of fun on there. No idea what you are talking about?

Maybe it's just you, but in any case, my the Fords be with You 8)
Brett Carroll