What is the best wiring kit

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
monte
Old Hand

Re: What is the best wiring kit

Post by monte »

The old VL commodors are getting a bit thin on the ground ,guess most just rusted away ,anybody got the wiring to the column they want to part with :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: ,got the word out up here but pretty rare indeed and I aint dealing with the holden wreckers here ,pain in the butt
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Not familiar with the VL Commodore column Monte. Is it similar to the previous models that have the emergency flasher as a button on one side and has the combination wiper /high beam flasher/turn signal switch on the other side ? The ignition switch being rod activated fitted down the column .
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

FRANK BASILE wrote:Not familiar with the VL Commodore column Monte. Is it similar to the previous models that have the emergency flasher as a button on one side and has the combination wiper /high beam flasher/turn signal switch on the other side ? The ignition switch being rod activated fitted down the column .
Yer Frank but I dont see a wiper switch on there ,the lever on the right is blinker combo headlights and park ,think the wipers are on the dash and the hazard lights and ignition are the same as you said
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Earlier did indeed have the light switch on dash . The combo switch was wipers
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Just another suggestion Monte. You requested "wiring" . I guess this is the loom plug that plugs into the column plug? . May be just as expedient to get the actual wiring diagram for the column switches , this will have the colour codes . You can cut the plug off and replace it with your own plugs and sockets to suit each function . The VB VC VK columns had a singular strip connector
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

all good Frank ,I now have the plugs and wires on them to join up to my loom ,I was offered another rolling car for $50 so I might get that too if it still has the steering column and rack in it ,guess the diff could be used if I decide to build another car one day :D :D :D :D
blown36

Post by blown36 »

I used a painless fuse panel, and made the rest up on a modular board. The dash and the entire board disconnect from lots of deutch plugs and can be easily pulled from the car.

I'll text you some pics because it's a pain in the ass posting pics here.
Get Blown or get Blown Away
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

Thanks Gav :D :D :D