Fuel smell out of breather

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
enjenjo

Re: Fuel smell out of breather

Post by enjenjo »

Here is one with free postal shipping to OZ http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dorman-80195 ... SwOdpX1xjO and a better price. They are about the size of a G2 gasoline filter.
People who think they know it all, bother those of us that do.
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Post by 46 deluxe »

It comes up as $28 shipping to Aus .
scott
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

hotrodsteve wrote:Hi Monte I have the same setup as you on my 32. I have a stendard type of fuel filter right at the end and don't get any fuel smell. Pickup is looking great. Regards Steve.
Thanks Steve ,will give that a go ,or the booster filter if that dont work ,I like to have a big dia breather cause I have a screw down filler cap that is sealed but also when filling it helps to get the fuel in faster without blow back ,I dont want to be standing there for 1/2 hr filling the 90ltr tank :D :D :D
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

46 deluxe wrote:It comes up as $28 shipping to Aus .
Yer I will try tomorrow to ring one of the chev parts importers ,seems there is a few down south :D :D
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

Just thinking about this booster filter ,anybody really know what they are there for as the line is in vacuum so how can fumes from the engine get sucked into the booster or are they to stop crap from the booster getting into the engine ,now there is the question for the night :D :D
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

I reduced the line to 7mm and fitted an inline metal fuel filter off a commodore and as Steve said works fine no more smell ,thanks all :D :D :D
enjenjo

Post by enjenjo »

monte wrote:Just thinking about this booster filter ,anybody really know what they are there for as the line is in vacuum so how can fumes from the engine get sucked into the booster or are they to stop crap from the booster getting into the engine ,now there is the question for the night :D :D
The filters are fitted to cars with the booster mounted lower than the carburetor. It keeps fumes, and in some cases raw fuel from running to the booster when the engine is not running. When the engine is running the fumes are drawn back into the engine each time the brakes are applied.
People who think they know it all, bother those of us that do.