Hotrodsteve's History

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Re: Hotrodsteve's History

Post by jailbar joe »

hotrodsteve wrote: Hello stranger. I keep putting the kettle on but you never show up No it’s not for sale and won’t be while I’m around as you know it’s history.
have you got some bickies to go with the coffee :mrgreen: as stated the sedan looks killer and i'm sure it will drive like a dream....just curious when you relive your
past driving up to maryborough ....are you going to dye your hair and maybe plant a few that are missing :lol: :lol: :lol:

will have to get down for some of that coffee and bickies and checkout the hearse,before i need it up here in york :lol: :lol: :lol:

catch you soon
cheers joe

if you do nothing then nothing happens
Mopar Mick
Old Hand

Post by Mopar Mick »

Absolutely love the colour on the 38 Steve. 8) 8) 8)

Looking very cool and classy. :mrgreen:

Mick.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

The 38 is beautiful ,love the color ,will be nice to see it at the Nationals :D :D :D :D
bucketmouth

Post by bucketmouth »

Gee Steve you move along alright you must be a workaholic never a quiet moment. I thought having grandkids might have slowed you down a bit or is that what the wife is for.
The 38 is looking good and the hearse I'm a bit like MickD on that one :lol:
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

hotrodsteve wrote:Hi Marcus. The paint was a three part deal. 2 coats of a brown that the painter mixed then 3 of the colour which is a standard mix then 2 clear. There are nine different colours in the main colour. I have painted all the interior window trims in the same colour but with a satin clear.
No wonder it is so striking!
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
hotrodsteve

Post by hotrodsteve »

MickD wrote:Crikey Steve.... I'd like to go out in that hearse. Reckon I'd sit up in the box & wave to the passers by with a smile on my face! :wink: :D
Hi Mick all jokes aside we were thinking of doing that on the test drives. Lay down in the back and sit up at the traffic lights
and frighten the whatsis out of people. :lol: :lol: Only problem would be if we sat up next to a patrol car ,oops :lol:
hotrodsteve

Post by hotrodsteve »

jailbar joe wrote:
hotrodsteve wrote: Hello stranger. I keep putting the kettle on but you never show up No it’s not for sale and won’t be while I’m around as you know it’s history.
have you got some bickies to go with the coffee :mrgreen: as stated the sedan looks killer and i'm sure it will drive like a dream....just curious when you relive your
past driving up to maryborough ....are you going to dye your hair and maybe plant a few that are missing :lol: :lol: :lol:

will have to get down for some of that coffee and bickies and checkout the hearse,before i need it up here in york :lol: :lol: :lol:

catch you soon
No bickies, on a diet. :lol: Need to loose 38 years as well as grow shoulder length hair again. That’s not going to happen. :roll: Hopefully taking the Hearse to the Dowerin Field Day so you could detour up that way and buy me a pie. :lol:
hotrodsteve

Post by hotrodsteve »

Thanks Mick and Monte. Looking forward to the drive east. I will take a little more time than I used to way back then. :D
Just need to finish training my backup for my other business so I can get more than a week off. :roll:
hotrodsteve

Post by hotrodsteve »

bucketmouth wrote:Gee Steve you move along alright you must be a workaholic never a quiet moment. I thought having grandkids might have slowed you down a bit or is that what the wife is for.
The 38 is looking good and the hearse I'm a bit like MickD on that one :lol:
Hi Charlie. Thursday’s are grandkid days. I always try to get at least one hour a day on my own projects otherwise nothing happens. Plan for the end of the year is to just work on a couple of cars for a particular customer and spend a lot more time on my own. Still have the channeled 34 coupe to finish as well as the ICV FJ ute. Catch you at a TAC one weekend. :D
hotrodsteve

Post by hotrodsteve »

Just realised how far back the last post was. Time flies when your having fun :D :D
Just a few random pics of more cars I’ve owned or worked on over the Image
My 260 Z with G nose. Brought it as a part finished project then finished and kept for a while. Sold to a mate who had it for years and only just resold
My old T Roadster. Built early eighties . Trucked it to Melbourne then drove to the Nationals in Canberra. Then did a tour back to Melbourne.
It originally had an early Falcon six in it. Was sold and changed to 302 . The guy that has it now has had it for about twenty years. I see it once a year at its annual TAC inspection.
Twin Spinner

Post by Twin Spinner »

There was a 260 Z around here with a hot 4.4 P76 engine in it 8) Thanks for posting :)
If it has tits or wheels, you can expect trouble.
Oldcol
Old Hand

Post by Oldcol »

Hi Steve, I reckon the T guy needs some better wheels and bigger on the back to fill out the fenders..... :lol:
-------------
Col....

"Works" comes before "looks good", cos "looks good" changes, and "works" works!
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

Mmmmm.
I agree and I also like that grey colour.
Really suits it.

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
hotrodsteve

Post by hotrodsteve »

Hi Col, it hasn’t changed in the last twenty years. I reckon it would be lucky to do 200 km between yearly inspections. :(
hotrodsteve

Post by hotrodsteve »

This was another of mine. Started life with an 18R Toyota engine and 4 speed box. Had a Datsun 1600 rear end and Gemini front end.
I sold it unfinished to my brother then finished it for him.
He decided he wanted more power so the engine was swapped for a Clevo front end to Torana as well as diff. Sold unfinished . Turned up out of the blue about 3 years ago. Had the same owner for twenty Image[/[url=https://postimg.cc/G85qhdkR]Image