Fuel Hose

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
FX Panelvan

Fuel Hose

Post by FX Panelvan »

G'day All

I have a problem with flexible fuel lines. And so I am looking for suggestions to solve it.
A few months ago I was getting ready to run my engine and get the ute under way. So needed some fuel line from the hard line to the fuel rail.
Purchased some rubber line suitable for high pressure and fitted it with suitable clamps. No problem with that so far.
But yesterday I looked at the hose and it is cracked and obviously not good. I know ethanol is bad for lines but did not expect a problem after a few months.
So onto the internet to look for a better type of hose. Many types available but nothing that stands out as best.
Now I am after opinions from the forum as to what is best use? I do not want to go to AN fitting with braided hoses. I would prefer to use something with clamps.
Let me know what you have used and / or what you think is best.
regards

Brian
mgtstumpy
Old Hand

Re: Fuel Hose

Post by mgtstumpy »

You can get black braided line that is compatible with today's fuel. It would blend in and not be as obvious as normal braided lines. I used a SS compression fittings to hard lines with AN6 male end, the short flexible fuel lines connects to it, fuel log and return line. 45psi and still there 15yrs later.
turns
Old Hand

Post by turns »

A fuel hose shouldn't crack after a couple of months service.................braided or not :?
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"...............Morticia Addams
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

True Turns I purchased standard fuel line and it is doing what it is supposed to ..........no leaks. :wink: :wink: :D :D
FX Panelvan

Post by FX Panelvan »

Thanks All

For the replies.
And I agree hose should not crack after a few months but it has.
I have read a whole lot of stuff about fuel going off when not used and / or sitting idle in lines and rotting them away quickly.
It was good quality line stamped as good for 250 PSI too.
But moving on I do not want a problem with fuel leaks especially onto hot exhaust.
So I have got some Gates fuel line this time guaranteed to be good for fuel with ethanol in it.
regards

Brian