Hot Rod Greeting Cards

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Andyd

Hot Rod Greeting Cards

Post by Andyd »

Have been given a few packs of unfolded greeting cards that are in sets of 10, with hotrod and custom car artwork by "Aden 2006", on the reverse they are copyrighted 2006, "Flathead Designs", with http://www.flatheaddesigns.com however this website doesn't seem to have any info about them however there is similar artwork mostly showing RHD cars so I wonder if Aden is an Oz artist and where these cards originated...........the inside where you'd expect to have a greeting is blank so they can be used for,I suppose, anything such as a birthday, get well or a Xmas card, etc.............I can't post pics here but anyone recollect seeing these cards?...........I can email a pic if that's any use....thanks, Andy Douglas
angliadon
Old Hand

Re: Hot Rod Greeting Cards

Post by angliadon »

The artist would be Aden Jacobi, from the Ashphalt Demons in Brisbane, he`s been designing fantastic Event Posters and T- shirts for years. Heaps of his Artwork in old Street machine Magazines. Does all our Beachfest stuff and his current Rod is a A Roadster.
Angliadon Member OZERODDERS President Northern District Rod & Custom Brisbane. QLD ASRF State Secretary.
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Angliadon, thanks for that, don't get to any runs in Qld much & have never bought Street Machine mag............I live a sheltered life....lol........have you ever seen these cards?, they are unfolded so you'd just write the greeting or whatever on the opposite side to that with the artwork then just fold the card and post or hand to the intended person........there were no envelopes with these sets but they would fit in a standard DL size envelope..........they are a neat card and a hot rod/custom car card is something I've never seen before..............andyd
angliadon
Old Hand

Post by angliadon »

No Andy, I`ll have to ask Aden about them, I`m cruising to Gulgong with him for the A Model 90th Birthday weekend.
Angliadon Member OZERODDERS President Northern District Rod & Custom Brisbane. QLD ASRF State Secretary.
swifty

Post by swifty »

Aden is the resident artist for Street Machine magazine and did the concept drawings for Simon Telford's EJ Holden. He did a series of drawings of early Aussie hot rods which was featured in the SM Hot Rod Annual back in 2012 and I bought a set of prints off him plus the original of my T. Like you Andy I'm too computer challenged to post pics LOL
Mopar Mick
Old Hand

Post by Mopar Mick »

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
swifty

Post by swifty »

That's just what Andy wants Mick, one of those new airgap single 4 barrel manifolds for his Poly. Hey maybe you could part with your P600 and he could change to a 3X2 set-up LOL
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Yep, unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any intakes available at present, they foundry has a backlog & I've spoken to a couple of guys who have confirmed this, the problem is that CPP, at least via their website anyway wants to charge the full price which at present is about $900 Oz yet no one will confirm whether they will post to Oz or even what a postage cost maybe, they don't answer the phone nor reply to emails............I've been bitten a couple of times over the yrs dealing with various yanks and while I'm prepared to put down a 20-30% deposit, say $250-300 Oz , its a leap of faith to pay the whole sherbang without any idea if or when the manifold MAY even be available again.............a couple of guys are checking around to see if one maybe hiding somewhere................so here I stand all broken hearted, paid 2 cents and only farted.........more or less.......lol..........am gunna chase up some fibre poly intake gaskets and a gallon of silastic and maybe have another wack at it.............andyd
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

https://www.facebook.com/Aussiespeed/

don't know if the above have what you are after but seems like a local mob making stuff for aussies
cheers joe

if you do nothing then nothing happens
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Joe, thanks, but thats not what I'm after.....thats Hemi 6 stuff which is not what I have...I have a 318 Chrysler Poly V8 and am chasing a newly cast intake manifold, essentially no new Poly stuff has been made since the early 60's and a new intake was cast about 2 yrs ago but is currently out of stock.......andyd
Mopar Mick
Old Hand

Post by Mopar Mick »

Andy, there is a lot of good information on here https://www.facebook.com/polysuperpac/ 8) 8) 8)

Failing that why not contact "Gary Pavlovich", if you need his email address give me a yell.

What intake manifold are you currently running :?:

If I recall correctly you once had a cast iron dual quad Poly intake, have you considered using that with twin impco 425s on L.P.G. :?:

If you have to have a 4 barrel intake there is other options to consider.

An Edelbrock P600 is a good option and would be cheaper than the 4 barrel intake (they still turn up on U.S. ebay).

Mick.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
Andyd

Post by Andyd »

Mick, I have had the Weiand single 4 intake, # 7503 for quite a while, 40 yrs, lol......... as for the P600 they are no cheaper than the 7503 and then you have to find a set of Strombergs that are worth using or buy them new, either way I'd rather stick with a single Holley if possible.....I sold the twin 4 setup for various reasons so ideally what I want is one of the air gap intakes which were based on the Hot Heads air gap Hemi intake with modifications to suit the Poly port arrangement..........it would be good to see if anyone in Oz has bought one and how they found it.........andyd