Customline Interior

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
Nobody

Customline Interior

Post by Nobody »

Could anyone with a better memory than me remember what the original interior colour of a Waterfall blue (Powder blue) 1955 Australian Customline was, any help welcome.
Always Remember Nobodys Perfect.
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Re: Customline Interior

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Powder blue sounds a little bright for 55 Customline interior .Colours like this were more 57/Star Model . The blues in my memory for 55/56 were harsher or darker [subdued colours] . From navy being the darkest to a mid teal colour as the lightest was my impression.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Powder blue will be the exterior colour someone told me they thought they were all a redye brown interior but I seem to remember a darker blue but I was only 7 or 8 at the time I am building the car as a tribute to my late father.
Always Remember Nobodys Perfect.
Moruc 41

Post by Moruc 41 »

Hi ..... I was 13 when 55 Cusso's were released and what I can recall they had red-brown inertia's.....later year Cusso's had some weird color inertia's that didnt even match the exterior color ...they must have been short of color match trim and just used anything that was in the store......one comes to mind..57 ...pink -white exterior....lemon-grey inertia trim..... weird
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Yes they did come in an exterior powder blue or very similar . Interior upholstery was in darker shades ,not light colours from my memory .Also they did have two tone available as well as monotone . The two tone was not like the design of 57 -58 with panels . 55 Had the two tone on the seat back rests . Top half different to the lower half . I dug out a photo of a 55 That I had . The exterior was two tone [roof and lower body below the chrome strip was mid blue slight metallic ,the body above the strip was white ] and the seats matched the theme ,not using white though it was a greyish colour ,with the dark blue across the upper back rests ,digging out the photo rang a bell .
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31