EL Falcon engine

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
monte
Old Hand

EL Falcon engine

Post by monte »

I am wondering if you can turn a EL Falcon engine back into a carb engine ,they are single overhead cam and a nice engine as I had one in my XH ute ,they have a dizzy and coil unlike the EF that went to coil packs that were a disaster ,so I am thinking as I have no knowledge of computer shit would it be possible to put a new manifold on and run a carb and maybe run a 4 speed non computer auto like the ones in the mustang or should I just bite the bullet and go full computer with a BA Barra and learn some more shit about the computer stuff
roblrc

Re: EL Falcon engine

Post by roblrc »

I have used a modified EA CFI manifold with either a Weber or Holley carb. Also have used straight LPG.
Rob
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

roblrc wrote:I have used a modified EA CFI manifold with either a Weber or Holley carb. Also have used straight LPG.
Rob
How did it go
van460

Post by van460 »

Go fg barra 195 engine and zf6 speed auto
Can pick up a complete car for under 2k and gives you lots of usable bits

Remove engine/box, accelerator pedal, gear stick and wiring/ecu from left side of engine bay

Costs about $400 to have loom and ecu changed to suit whatever you have
chop_shop

Post by chop_shop »

this would be the manifold to get for a ford 4.oL to carb conversion....

[url]/https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-4-0-3- ... ZZ4wHU[url]
“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein
van460

Post by van460 »

I cant see any gains in using an e series engine if you're going to convert it back to carb/dizzy and old style auto
In all honesty its probably more involved than using the EFI and good 4-5-6 speed auto
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

Yer still thinking on this while I am building a front fence ,promised Ann I would start on the house after I got the rod on the road ,at least it gives me a bit of time to think .I was going to the convert to carb ect as I have no knowledge of how computers work in a car and the wiring looks a bit scary.I believe you can get a 4 speed auto that is non computer think they came out in some Mustangs so I could use one of them I guess ,thanks everybody for your thoughts :D :D :D :D :D
van460

Post by van460 »

The efi wiring side of things is very easy
Im currently in the process of fitting an FG xr6 engine and zf 6 speed auto into my sons cortina

Ive had the fg wiring harness modified to suit and the factory ecu reprogramed all up cost was $380
gassman

Post by gassman »

Who's doing the looms and reprogramming??$
'Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.'
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

monte wrote:Yer still thinking on this while I am building a front fence ,promised Ann I would start on the house after I got the rod on the road ,at least it gives me a bit of time to think .I was going to the convert to carb ect as I have no knowledge of how computers work in a car and the wiring looks a bit scary.I believe you can get a 4 speed auto that is non computer think they came out in some Mustangs so I could use one of them I guess ,thanks everybody for your thoughts :D :D :D :D :D
Monte. 4 speed AOD boxes are swapped into early Mustangs from some articles I have seen . With the boxes, it looks like late 80,s before all the full puter stuff ran them . Some Ford people will know the "choice gem". Like GMH T700 [VN] and 4L60[ VP] . Then they went to puter control with 4L60E .around 1994 with VR Commodore
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Post by 46 deluxe »

gassman wrote:Who's doing the looms and reprogramming??$
I would like to know also .
scott
van460

Post by van460 »

Pm sent
gassman

Post by gassman »

Thanks van 460
'Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.'
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

Is this what you are talking about Mont https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C ... vydYqHjvaM:

I don't know Ford stuff at all but do love Chevy motors :lol: :lol:

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
monte
Old Hand

Post by monte »

Yep Dave that is what I was after ,looks good and makes good HP :D :D :D