Another 34 Ford photo dug up

Posts relating to early (Pre 1985) Hotrodding History in Australia, including Hotrod and Custom Shows plus early Drag Racing, Speedway, Hillclimbs etc.
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Another 34 Ford photo dug up

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Just dug this 1976 photo from the draw ,rear view of our 34 .
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
rx4ord
Old Hand

Re: Another 34 Ford photo dug up

Post by rx4ord »

Nice view Frank.
Can you remember the specs of it?
Where would it be now??

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Yep . A couple of threads down Dave ,same vehicle . 283 Chev /Powerglide with HK disc front end and Banjo Diff . Steering Column and box was also HK . HR speedo . The vehicle has since been "re birthed" .It is a Hot Rod wedding car now in the Northern Suburbs of Melb . We spotted it at the Melb Hot Rod show some years back still sporting the plates LSG 585 , the owner then was somewhat for some reason debating me over the origins of build ,he did not believe me as a prev owner/rodder . It now has custom plates as part of a fleet . Still around after all those years . I got it as a" restored " vehicle that had been on the road for 3 years with 48 flathead , still with mechanical brakes and sporting custom mag wheels fitted by the prev owner who I swapped our 35 coupe to . I drove it for some months as a daily driver, and the rod conversion was hastened when the diff started banging as if teeth were missing and I had to take it off the road for updating . As an interesting twist ,I was visiting Ray Quon at the time of driving this , and he looked closely at it . Suddenly he looked at the rear of the body and you could see in the sunlight an area not blocked properly after some filler applied . He smiled , It was recognised as retrieval some years earlier from SW NSW and was made from two vehicles . The "repair" area he noted was a dent that happened when the body was being trailer loaded ..........Small world . The "American Racing" mags in the photo ,I got from Ray as a direct swap for the custom mags with F100 bolt pattern . I sold off the original running gear ,and I believe the flatty is in another rod .
rx4ord
Old Hand

Post by rx4ord »

Thanks for that Frank :D

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
Greg N Smith

Post by Greg N Smith »

G'Day Frank

Period perfect Hot Rod

Rear Wheels that are not high enough and that stick well outside the rear guards

As they should have been back in the day

Cheers
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

Hi Greg. The wheel tread just sat pretty much a whisker within the guards , better view would have been rear on, the angle is a bit deceptive :D