c4 shift lever dimension.

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
garya54

c4 shift lever dimension.

Post by garya54 »

My next C4 question is:-
My C4 trans has a lever on the gear selector shaft which was from a B&M shifter.
I have mounted a Cortina C4 T Bar shifter on the floor and I am about to modify the Cortina shift linkage to bolt onto the trans lever.
However I think that the pivot point on the lever may be in the wrong spot as the gate on the Cortina shifter is shorter than the B&M shifter.
Would anyone who has a Ford C4 shift lever on their trans be able to measure the centre distance between the selector shaft and the pivot point where the linkage mounts.
This would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gary
Chrisso
Old Hand

Re: c4 shift lever dimension.

Post by Chrisso »

garya54 wrote:My next C4 question is:-
My C4 trans has a lever on the gear selector shaft which was from a B&M shifter.
I have mounted a Cortina C4 T Bar shifter on the floor and I am about to modify the Cortina shift linkage to bolt onto the trans lever.
However I think that the pivot point on the lever may be in the wrong spot as the gate on the Cortina shifter is shorter than the B&M shifter.
Would anyone who has a Ford C4 shift lever on their trans be able to measure the centre distance between the selector shaft and the pivot point where the linkage mounts.
This would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gary
PM sent
FRANK BASILE
Old Hand

Post by FRANK BASILE »

60mm is what I have. Also check the throw of the shifter lever from "P" to "1".It would be close to 45mm. This is what my box lever has.
One tip for yours also is to run the intended shifter through its arc and measure the total travel . Then by using a ruler parallel alongside the trans lever on the box, move it higher or lower to mark the spot to drill a hole at the point that matches the travel of the shifter.
OZ-E-Rodders Rod and Kustom Club Member #31
garya54

Post by garya54 »

Thanks Frank. Shall do. Cheers, Gary