Build Book / Manual

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
Angry

Build Book / Manual

Post by Angry »

Keen to know if anyone has kept a build book on their cars whilst being built....

Something like a cars owners Manual ???

Something that lists the parts etc like a owners manual,..cause I cant remember what I done last week....

Ive got a ring binder with plastic sleeves in it and Ive kept all the instructions that come with the gauges etc....

Thinking a Word Document type of thing that can be filled in as you go through the build ...
Al.

64 Ford F100 SWB Patina Pickup
69 Camaro Z28 Clone....
rx4ord
Old Hand

Re: Build Book / Manual

Post by rx4ord »

No but have a mate who has a journal.
He has drawings and ideas and photos in it.
He has plans for what it will be and lots of stuff he is
using or hopes to use in the build.

Tassie Dave
Founding Member of OZ-E-Rodders
steve the ford guy

Post by steve the ford guy »

I have lots of A4 photoprints in folders I've collected from the web of what I want to emulate, I can't buy a large enough cork board to pin them on. So I'm thinking of buying a bunch of cork tiles to glue on a 1200x2400 sheet of ply, it can go on a shed wall so I can pin all of them plus any pics and sketches on, good way to explain to visitors what's gonna happen.....well, eventually :D
jailbar joe
Old Hand

Post by jailbar joe »

i have an excersise book for each of my cars and in each book i have 3 columns....the part with any mods .... where it came from...the price
so at any time i can pinpoint what part i used and how it was modified....who i got it from and the address/ph number....and finally the price i paid...

with the price...it gives an idea of what to expect to pay ...i know that in a few years it will not be relevant but it gives somewhat of a guide,
plus i sub total each page and that gives me an indication of how much it cost in cash to build that car.

it also helps as a maintanance guide with part numbers and such

very simple (like me) and works well :D
cheers joe

if you do nothing then nothing happens
Angry

Post by Angry »

Ive got 1000s of pics of mine being built...
And backed up on 3 different drives.........REMEMBER to backup your pics ,..cause if your phone or the USB dies youve lost em

Looking at a handbook like an owners manual,..if she breaks down out on the road I can look up straight away what the part was......

casue Im beginning to get old n struggling to rememeber little things...

Also thinking that if I ever come to sell it ,.its a handy selling point so the buyer would have a documented handbook with parts used.

Thinking I might get my Pajero hand book as a guide and make a Word Document....
Al.

64 Ford F100 SWB Patina Pickup
69 Camaro Z28 Clone....
SimonG

Post by SimonG »

My wife has done books up on the internet for family occassions through the apple store, so there is always that option to compile all your photos together?

https://www.apple.com/au/macos/print-products/
Dragferret

Post by Dragferret »

My engineer's report is my manual. Its like a book and lists every part and what vehicles they came from.