Hot Rod Shops Near in NSW

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
David Rayner

Hot Rod Shops Near in NSW

Post by David Rayner »

I have an original Model A chassis which looks every day of its 89 years and needs to be braced, boxed, drive train fitted, basically turned into a roller that's ready for paint. I have the entire drive train but no front axle. My engineer says that all structural welding must be done by a certified welder and also wants to see proof of that by way of his certificate and a signed letter or receipt saying he did the work. I'm not a welder's areshole but my daughter's boyfriend is a boiler maker so that's taken care of. Trouble is, there's a lot about setting up a chassis that I don't know and rather than make mistakes, I was thinking I'd take the chassis and drive train to a hot rod shop and have them do it all. They'd give it back as a roller and I'd take it from there. I'm in the Hunter region of NSW. Does anyone know of a reputable shop within a reasonable distance of Newcastle. If there aren't any, I'll have to travel and that's OK.
Last edited by David Rayner on Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugga

Re: Hot Rod Shops Near in NSW

Post by Bugga »

You could try Tony Webster from Webby"s Speed Shop at 24-28 Cowper St CARRINGTON, New South Wales, Australia. 2294. The phone No is 49 6167 22. He does good work and is very knowledgeable
craig308

Re: Hot Rod Shops Near in NSW

Post by craig308 »

There is this fellow out out Coolah that builds some nice cars Coolah Custom Cars 02 6377 1455 · Address. 70 Binnia Street; Coolah, New South Wales 2843 . I do not know him only seen is work https://www.google.com.au/maps/uv?hl=en ... E3oECA4QBg.
cheers craig