Speco floor shifter VF valiant

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
Borbo

Re: Speco floor shifter VF valiant

Post by Borbo »

Harv wrote:
28rp wrote:I think some of the TC,s had 200 motors in them with 3 speeds , but I feel they were top loaders, so no use to you. I guess they -200 powered Cortinas- would be hard to find now too!
I had a feeling Speco was still around a couple of years ago-maybe they still are?
Also , perhaps you could try the shifter that was fitted to the 6 cyl 3 speed Centura boxes.
Speco are still around, but no longer make the shifters. There are some old NOS shifters still being sold by various dealers, but not many. I spoke to Speco a few years back when I was researching aftermarket shifters - really good people to talk to.

Cheers,
Harv
Yep Agree with that, Spoke to them yesterday as the shifter is still listed on their page. but alas they only have very limited rebuild parts available
Harv

Re: Speco floor shifter VF valiant

Post by Harv »

Borbo wrote:Hi Harv
are the Eddie Thomas shifter still avail ive never heard of them? post the photo if you can and ill inter web search them
thanks Greg
Eddie ran a speed shop many decades ago, and sold his own line of shifters. They are not available new anymore, but pop up from time to time on eBay.

Photo of the shifter below:
delete.jpg
More info on Speco, Impala, Dor and other aftermarket Aussie shifters here:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/141577453/FB ... =affiliate

Cheers,
Harv (deputy apprentice crashbox mechanic)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.