Show us your chassis tables!

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
tub1935

Re: Show us your chassis tables!

Post by tub1935 »

hello again , well I'm sorry to say but you have a mess on your hands, its only a old f1 chassis , must be one of those suckers around some were for you, to start a fresh on , I'm about to borrow one to do some research and development on it :D , ie to fit later suspension on my old clunker so I can keep driving it as I'm sure if I pull it of the road to do the job it will never go again so the plan is to make things for a quick change over and not get carried away finding other thing to fix on the truck . as old Col said jail bar one is very similar only cab mounts different but easy to swap yours onto the jailbar chassis and weld a bit on the front to mount the bumper , I did the reverse years ago and put a jailbar on a f1 chassis . I will ask about maybe able to find ya one
turns
Old Hand

Post by turns »

I have welded frames together with and without chassis jigs. I have parted ways with my jig that was a fairly simple arrangement.

I agree that sourcing a better chassis sounds appealing by the sound of it

Good luck with it

Cheers Turns
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"...............Morticia Addams
mgtstumpy
Old Hand

Post by mgtstumpy »

Not for the feint hearted, you need the skills and patience, I swapped in C4 Corvette IFS & IRS into my 46 Oldsmobile. Lots of measurements and fabricating jigs, new frame rails, internal fish plates etc. I've forgot how many jigs I made for various components on this frame.
Last edited by mgtstumpy on Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mgtstumpy
Old Hand

Post by mgtstumpy »

Measure twice and then again before cutting anything! A chassis jig can be handy however not necessary if you plan everything out methodically and don't overthink it. Like others I've done a few cars in the back shed without a chassis table which certainly makes life easier. That trammel bar I fabricated takes all the guess work out when it comes time to checking measurements and squareness etc.