This followed me home

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
Chrisso
Old Hand

Re: This followed me home

Post by Chrisso »

Ah, an awesome update ratty, your plan and execution is second to none mate I'm loving it!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
jeffa
Old Hand

Post by jeffa »

When restorers and muscle car guys ask me why does building a rod take so long, I show them this thread...
Fantastic workmanship mate. Keep it up!
Yeah. I've changed my signature. The old one was out of date...
What if climate change IS a hoax, and we make a better world for nothing?
rattyrod

Post by rattyrod »

I haven’t had an update for some weeks for a couple of reasons. 1 , being out of work for over a year , which was partly my choice and also virus , so when some rail shutdown work happened my way with 12 hour night shifts it didn’t leave any time for the car . 2 , being put into home isolation because someone brought the virus onto the job at two different worksites which means I have had 6 COVID tests so far , all negative . I did get a chance to drop my door skin off to my panel magician Rod . It was going to be easier for him to work on when there was no frame in the way and all the dints and horrible bits have been repaired in the upper 3/4 of the skin , all it needs is a few coats of all u need and it’s ready to go . Now it’s my turn to refit onto the new frame and then make up the lower 100 mm
The skin was dipped in citric acid , it took a couple of weeks because my tub wasn’t big enough so had to keep turning it
The skin is just sitting over the frame , it still needs to be fitted
when are you going to finish it?
Newbee

Post by Newbee »

Door skin looks a heap better, at least your putting it on a decent frame now.

Bugger about the job Ratty, we have had stuff all interruptions to life here in county SA, got locked down for a week for a few cases in Adelaide but for us a total over reaction. Keep your chin up.

Regards Newbee
hudson nut

Post by hudson nut »

That looks like it fits real well. Nice job.

Dany
25 Hudson speedster project
29 Hudson coupe
36 Hudson 4dr sedan
36 Hudson LWB 4dr sedan
40 Hudson 2dr sedan
41 Hudson coupe
54 Hudson coupe
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

I take it you were working at the Lilydale and Mooroolbark stations then?
We walk to both regularly to check progress until it all stopped.
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
rattyrod

Post by rattyrod »

Hi Marcus, I worked at Lilydale for 2 nights removing the actual crossing and then down to the Chelsea to Bonbeach line . My second exposure site was at the prestart at Lilydale on the Saturday night , it took Dhhs 10 days to inform us that it was a tier 1 exposure so we only had to isolate for the last 4 days of the 14 days . And they wonder why we are getting so many cases at the moment
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Hang in there Ratty these guys couldn't organise a good time in a brothel with a fist full of fifties. :wink: :lol: :lol: But that door skin looks the ducks nuts mate especially as Newbee said on the excellent frame you fabricated. 8) 8) 8) 8) I can't remember what condition the other side was in that is of course if you have the other side door. :wink: :wink:
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

rattyrod wrote:Hi Marcus, I worked at Lilydale for 2 nights removing the actual crossing and then down to the Chelsea to Bonbeach line . My second exposure site was at the prestart at Lilydale on the Saturday night , it took Dhhs 10 days to inform us that it was a tier 1 exposure so we only had to isolate for the last 4 days of the 14 days . And they wonder why we are getting so many cases at the moment
Plenty of exposure sites aren't even getting listed at all!
Some of the businesses around here it has been up to them to let patients/customers know.
Marcus

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
rattyrod

Post by rattyrod »

A mate of mine posted the first photo on the Willys page , he doesn’t remember where it was posted or by whom ,originally . Some of the conversations about numbers and different types of body styles ensued with one being that the willys ute was loosely based on a 37 chev ute body . I think the willys pic looks great so digging into my spare parts I mocked up my willys front . No , it’s not a good fit , yes , the length , cowl and screen etc are different . Can it be done ? Don’t know yet but I am definitely going to investigate and see if it’s in my capabilities and worth doing . If so it will be certainly be different
Sly Fox

Post by Sly Fox »

I like the way you think, all the best making it work.

Great work on cleaning up the old door skin, another piece of this amazing build puzzle saved.
51 Dodge Custom & 63 EH Ute - Dare to be different
SimonG

Post by SimonG »

Given how much you have already achieved I don't see why you can't make it fit and look like it was always that way
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

Shouldn't be a problem to make it all fit. :)
Marcus

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
Chrisso
Old Hand

Post by Chrisso »

Ratty it will be a doddle for you looks way better. :wink: :wink: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
rattyrod

Post by rattyrod »

It’s been a bit quiet in the garage the last few weeks due to work commitments :evil:. I have managed to bend up the lower door skin and had a bit of shape wheeled into it by my mate Rod . He made it look easy so who knows what Santa will give me . It’s fitted up with tacks to be finished off with a gas weld at a later date . The plan now is to fully weld the door frame and finish off the rest of the work involved in having a functioning door , then onto the front panels