Chassis for prefect using ba falcon front and rear

Go here for info on chassis construction, body work and suspensions
46 deluxe
Old Hand

Re: Chassis for prefect using ba falcon front and rear

Post by 46 deluxe »

You need to remember ANYTHING you make yourself suspension wise is going to suffer great scrutiny by the engineer .
That could be anything from x-rays to destructive testing .
scott
Littlewardy

Post by Littlewardy »

46 deluxe wrote: ↑Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:57 pm You need to remember ANYTHING you make yourself suspension wise is going to suffer great scrutiny by the engineer .
That could be anything from x-rays to destructive testing .
I thought that might be the case. Thats great if I do say myself as I'd hate for them to just pass everything willy nilly like they do with trailers and stuff like that.

Only reason I am wanting to make as much as I can is not only cost saving ability. It's that I built that accomplishment feeling that comes with it. I have plenty of fab experience and also have my asme9 pressure vessel welding certificate so I know all to well the critical elements to fabricating parts. I have to pass a xray as destructive test every 12 months to keep my certificate upto date.

I do appreciate the input greatly will definitely be running everything past an engineer before fabricating anything. Thanks heaps and I am glad to be apart of this forum have learnt heaps so far already.
XP6

Post by XP6 »

Have you looked into any Jap cars like MX5 or 180/200SX etc. for suspension parts, starting with a smaller track will make things a lot simpler.

Urchfab on youtube built "The Mongrel" a 100E using MX5 under bits, pretty awesome car

Littlewardy

Post by Littlewardy »

XP6 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:36 pm Have you looked into any Jap cars like MX5 or 180/200SX etc. for suspension parts, starting with a smaller track will make things a lot simpler.

Urchfab on youtube built "The Mongrel" a 100E using MX5 under bits, pretty awesome car
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 9Fn9vP46zE
No I haven't looked into them but will definitely now. I was hoping to keep it all ford and use up all the parts I have from ba/bf falcons and then what ever I could use then fab myself.

But always willing to give other options a thought.

Thank you for giving me options appreciate it πŸ™
thatold.chevy

Post by thatold.chevy »

Littlewardy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:37 pm
XP6 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:36 pm Have you looked into any Jap cars like MX5 or 180/200SX etc. for suspension parts, starting with a smaller track will make things a lot simpler.

No I haven't looked into them but will definitely now. I was hoping to keep it all ford and use up all the parts I have from ba/bf falcons and then what ever I could use then fab myself.

Mazda, at that period, were owned by Ford....so....?
Littlewardy

Post by Littlewardy »

thatold.chevy wrote: ↑Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:23 pm
Littlewardy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:37 pm

Mazda, at that period, were owned by Ford....so....?
Didn't even think of that now that's a good point.