Freight companies

Go here for general posts relating to Hotrods and Customs, Pre 71 only!
panhead_pete

Re: Freight companies

Post by panhead_pete »

Well a good news story.

Used Alans Unique Car carriers and they were very good. Good communication and car arrived undamaged. Cost was just over $2K pick up Roweville to deliver in the Valley in Brisbane although I got lucky as it got dropped off in Caloundra.
Where's all the old tin??

Pete's Tin Mine!!!!!
lowxm

Post by lowxm »

has anyone recently shipped an engine from melbourne to brisbane? whats a good company to go with?
pinup65

Post by pinup65 »

I could bring the engine to Sydney on the weekend of the 17th of May if that would help you at all.
pinup65

Post by pinup65 »

I will be towing a car to Sydney from Melbourne on the weekend of May 17th, I will have room to take up a few small items on the tandem and will have a empty tandem coming home on Monday the 20th of May if anyone has anything they need bought either way, I would be happy to do it for some Gas money. PM if interested
cruser63

Post by cruser63 »

G'day all,
I have just bought a 1928 Buick cowl which is in QLD. and I need to get it to Kalgoorlie. Would anyone have any suggestions as to who would be the best option?

Thanks

Cruser
Gojeep
Old Hand

Post by Gojeep »

If you have the dimensions and weight, you can get a quote straight away via this web site. I have been using them for years now.

http://e-go.com.au
Marcus

To try where there is little hope, is to risk failure.
Not to try at all, is to guarantee it!

____| \______\
|/¯\ |¯ |----O||||O
()_)-o-)¯¯()_)-o-)_)
cruser63

Post by cruser63 »

Thanks Gojeep

I'm not real sure of the weight, I'll have to chase it up

Cruser
cruser63

Post by cruser63 »

Here's an update on getting my cowl to Kalgoorlie, I tried http://e-go.com.au as suggested by Gojeep and got a quote for $550, but decided not to go forward with it as I did not know if the seller could drop it off at their depot or they could pick it up from his property.(It appears that you don't get any details of the company until after you confirm the order.) So after that I tried the next best option, I went to the pub and asked a local truckie that I’ve had a beer or 2 with. He suggested Cockburn Transport or B&L Transport. I tried Cockburn first and got a quote of $400 to Kalgoorlie, that sounded better so I called the seller and he said no worries I can drop it of at their depot for you. He dropped it off on Tuesday and it was loaded on Friday the bloke at Cockburn that I was dealing with gave me the # of the truckie and said to give him a call
and arrange to meet to pick it up. I tried to call the truckie and it turns out I’ve been given the wrong #. on Monday morning I called Brissy again to get the correct # and then contacted the right truckie, he said my timing was spot on as he was just about to leave Kal. He had been trying to call me but had been given the wrong #, I signed the paperwork that he had onboard ( total payable $400) and went off a happy camper. At this stage I still had not been given any details of how to pay after numerous phone calls with the company I finally got an invoice emailed to me with details how to pay. With a total total of $440. I emailed back and said the agreed price was $400 and got this response
Morning

Price is $400 + GST and that’s normally our rate to our depot in Bibra Lake

Delivery to Kalgoorlie / Boulder is normally a lot higher

thanks

So would I use them again? I guess so, but I would be more inclined to communicate by email and confirm the rate etc.
MYVESSV8

Post by MYVESSV8 »

I have used these guys, had some headers and cats sent from perth to Brisbane was about $50 and took about 5 days https://dashboard.temando.com/booking
phil stimson

Post by phil stimson »

has anyone got any suggestions on who to use to transport a 1951 ford f1 bonnet from ballarat to nsw central coast. i tried couriers please because i have an account with them, and it went from ballarat to melbourne and sent back to ballarat because they thought it was too big.
flatout phil
cords

Post by cords »

phil stimson wrote:has anyone got any suggestions on who to use to transport a 1951 ford f1 bonnet from ballarat to nsw central coast. i tried couriers please because i have an account with them, and it went from ballarat to melbourne and sent back to ballarat because they thought it was too big.
try dale bates if he can get it to Sydney some were I run up from Cronulla to Jilliby every week end
Pariahs C.C.
travellinbob

Post by travellinbob »

hi I need something picked up from Newtown n queensland (postcode 4305) and taken to either Sydney, Wollongong or Canberra. weighs about 40kg, is 1mt long, .5 mt high and just under 1mt long. (sorry it isn't car related but equiptment for a pottery.). just thought I would ask on here first in case someone is heading south. am more than happy to pay well for the effort. pm me if interested. cheers.
Mack's A

Post by Mack's A »

Hi ive got 2x v8 engines on a pallet that I need transporting from Taree NSW area to Canberra.
Can anybody help or suggest someone who can??
Will pay.
Urgent, as I only have a few days to have them gone.

PM me if you can help out
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

Empty truck going Melb-Syd sometime in the next week or two. 0401267450
Mick
Need a Tow? Call me: 0401 267 450. Melb S/E
http://www.facebook.com/magtowing
Mack's A

Post by Mack's A »

Got it all sorted, they arrived today.