wade supercharger

Go here for posts about rebuilds, parts and problems
nuckles

wade supercharger

Post by nuckles »

just got a wade supercharger and looking for any info on them.
I need a front cover drive snout and a mounting plate.
the bottom plate I was thinking of a flat plate as a adaptor to a gm blower manifold.
any ideas.
cam
ripper

Post by ripper »

aahh don't handle a lot of revs, but then whats too much and what can :-)

Originally off Commer "knocker" trucks. I think from memory they were a 4 cylinder opposed 2 stroke motor, reknowned for start fires in ur district, nick named "knocker" or fire lighters.

Might have been 4 pistons, but two cylinders. Two cylinders forcing towards each other.

Cover car on ASR some years back purple T model pickup had a wade blower i think on a flathead.
I had some but since gave them away & did cut one up to get a good looksee inside (it was seize...got to hot & rotors were fused.

My guess is google Commer Knocker Truck or Commer truck??

Sorry hope this is some small help
Cheers
buickroadster

Post by buickroadster »

seen'em mounted on holden red sixes with a lot of success.front snout assembly was adapted from a gm blower i think.i used to have a spare eaton m90 front snout ass'bly and it looks like it could easily be adapted to siut the wade too
rodder54

Wade blowers

Post by rodder54 »

originally designed as a diesel 2 stroke scavenger pump. Now wade had two types of blower designed for petrol, the Ro20 and the RO34 which appears to be the one you have. The 34 displaces 3400 cc per rev or 122 cubic inches.
the reason the inlet and outlet openinings are cut diagonal is that it gives the same affect as hellical cut rotors without the extra machining expense and the problems of clearance at high revs.
England is the best place to search for bits. A place called Allard engineering used to make kits for many applications. you might still pick a kit up from england but the only 8 they ever fitted out was the rover V8
The inlet housing will take dual sidedraft webbers if fitted withe an alloy adaptor plate. I have also seen one with a lower flat plate adaptor added so it would fit a 350 chev running a 144 weiand blower manifold. front drive would have to come out of England
cheers Shane
If you can hear the radio over the engine, give it some more wellie!
HYPORX
Old Hand

Post by HYPORX »

"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent" Casey Stoner to Valentino Rossi. 03/04/2011
RobsHemiA

Post by RobsHemiA »

I've got an RO34 at home,that i have put on a 161 in my EH ute. I made a pattern of the front cover out of timber,took to a metal caster and they cast it up in aluminium. I also made a 2 stromberg carb mount plate for the top. I still have the patterns if your after them. As for the snout,I got a billet of aluminium,got it turned down so i had a flange on the end to bolt to the fron housing,and had some pockets for bearings turned into each end. For the shaft,did you get the stock one that is splined and goes into the gear or none. Also,you do know that in your pics its upside down. If you check the rotation( remembering the rotors turn from the inside out,pushing the air between the rotor and case) the right angle piece is the outlet,which is why they are perfect for red 6's. The blower outlet is right next to red intake if you mount it next to it. But you can cut it off and stud it. That way you can make an adapter and bolt it to a stock intake manifold. The Wade's are an ok blower for a 6 cyl,V8 would be for looks only. They are well engineered,and will last a long time. The reason also they have the angled intake and outlet it to stop the air pulsing from the straight rotors.
Stovebolt

Post by Stovebolt »

RobsHemiA wrote:I've got an RO34 I made a pattern of the front cover out of timber,took to a metal caster and they cast it up in aluminium. I also made a 2 stromberg carb mount plate for the top. I still have the patterns if your after them.
I'm interested in seeing the carbie mounting plate and front cover you've made. I want to mount 2 Holden Stomberg carbies in line on the top of my wade RO34. I have a Thickstun AirCleaner I'm going to use.

PM or Email me with any pics you have please my good man.
Friendship is like peeing your pants - Everyone can see it - but only you can feel the true warmth.
RobsHemiA

Post by RobsHemiA »

I can do that for you,I will get some on the weekend and send them to you. That is the excact carb setup im running.
XLNT01

Post by XLNT01 »

RobsHemiA wrote:I can do that for you,I will get some on the weekend and send them to you. That is the excact carb setup im running.
I am new to this site. I would like to ask a question about your Wade Supercharger on Holden 6. Did you modify the end seals on the blower shafts internally or do run the standard clearance bushes. There is a vent channel in each end case. Did you plug these up etc . Shane
tyler

Post by tyler »

does anyone know of a company that is active that makes the front snout for these blowers? also what would be a good price for one of these blowers- know a guy that has a whole engine sitting in the shed.
barnsey
Old Hand

Post by barnsey »

there is a commer knocker motor on ebay with supercharger. it looks a bit different to that one.
barnsey
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Commer-knocker-e ... 27b0675b69
Deano55

Post by Deano55 »

Stovebolt wrote:
RobsHemiA wrote:I've got an RO34 I made a pattern of the front cover out of timber,took to a metal caster and they cast it up in aluminium. I also made a 2 stromberg carb mount plate for the top. I still have the patterns if your after them.
I'm interested in seeing the carbie mounting plate and front cover you've made. I want to mount 2 Holden Stomberg carbies in line on the top of my wade RO34. I have a Thickstun AirCleaner I'm going to use.

PM or Email me with any pics you have please my good man.
Me too please :D
Whats better, 1/8th or 1/4 mile ????
I prefer 1/8th............the last half is for testing of safety equipment
chester meredith

Post by chester meredith »

There is a WADE blown '54 Chev in Adelaide. The owner adapted, fabricated lots of bits. Multi Vee belt drive,

twin Ford '94' 2bbl carbs and fabbed intake manifold. There is a feature on this car in issue 2 of 'CHOPPED' magazine.

check it out here.

http://www.chopped.com.au/issues.php
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of : Adam Ant
neatride

wade supercharger

Post by neatride »

We all love pics, heres some of Chris Henrys oldaze T roadster pickup.
Shows mounting plate to flathead manifold.
Drive snout made of mild steel and painted, I think the actual drive shaft came from a renault 12 cv or gearbox.
This little RPU hauls ass and has been going strong for some time, blower bearings are believed to be in a bath type lubrication not engine pressure fed. :) 8)
If you think you can you probably can, if you think you cant, dont bother, Henry Ford.
flathead mike

wade blowers and flathead manifolds

Post by flathead mike »

For front gear drive covers ,finned rear covers,carb mounts and flathead blower manifolds to suit all types of soperchargers , see website wwwbrightworeksmetalpolishing.com make selection of castings,all will be revealed !